Community Garage Sale at In Towne Self-Storage!
Friday April 22, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday April 23, 8:00am – 4:00pm
If you enjoy bargain hunting and shopping garage sales, you are not going to want to miss the community garage sale at In Towne Self-Storage. We will be participating in the St. Charles area garage sale. Our 400+ tenants have been invited to participate and sell items directly out of their storage units and on our front lawn. The facility will be open to the public to look around and make purchases! Stop in the office first to pick up a map indicating open units for shopping.
Garage Sale 411
Do you find that you have too much clutter in your home? Don’t mind investing a few hours to get rid of it and make a few dollars? Perhaps you should consider hosting a garage sale. Following are a few things to consider:
- Scheduling your sale. Traditionally garage sales are held on weekend mornings but perhaps consider an “off-time” to reduce competition!
- Talk to your neighbors about hosting a “multi-family” sale. This will be far more attractive to potential shoppers!
- Many communities have a set weekend every year for a Community Wide Sale. If you hop on this weekend you will benefit from advertising that the city will do to promote the sales. Otherwise, spread the word through your social media channels and make sure to place wayfinding signs on nearby busy streets and intersections.
- Sort through things in your home, room by room. Gather tables and hanging racks several days in advance. Have some cash handy for change and bags for shoppers. Tidy up the yard and garage.
- Display your items nicely, like you would see in a store.
- Some popular items for garage sales are: books, tools, building supplies, electronics, sporting equipment, toys and bikes.
After your sale we will need to evaluate un-sold items. Do you want to donate? Not ready to part with them? Consider a small storage unit! We are happy to help, just give us a call at 630.360.8600!