Moving is an exciting time for most, but it can also be extremely stressful. If a home purchase or sale is part of the equation, then the stress can be exponentially greater! I have approached this stage of my life in much the same way I approach most things – with organization and lists!
Following are helpful hints to de-stress your move:
- Buy your boxes and packing materials well in advance so that you can pack unfrequently used items as your time allows. Schedule yourself to do this 1 hour a day and see how quickly you chip away at this daunting task!
- Reserve your U-Haul truck or trailer or contact a moving company at least 2-4 weeks in advance, earlier if possible.
- Schedule a garage sale or donate items you no longer use. This can be a wonderful time to purge items from your cupboards, closets, garage, and basement. Remember, the more you sell or donate the less you must pack, move, and un-pack!
- Don’t forget to notify utilities, telephone, and internet providers and set up service at your new home.
- Consider purchasing covers for your mattresses. These are inexpensive and will keep them clean and dust free.
- Evaluate the need for a storage unit. Are you downsizing, losing a garage or basement, or simply want to feel more organizing and less cluttered? I self-storage unit may be the perfect solution.
- Enjoy your move and the transition to your new home!
In Towne Self Storage – Your One Stop Moving Shop!
In Towne Self-Storage is YOUR One stop Moving Shop. We have built our small business by anticipating your moving needs and providing products and services to make your move effortless.
- We offer climate controlled self-storage in 10 different sized units, all reasonably and competitively priced, at our convenient St Charles location.
- We are a AAA fully authorized U-Haul dealer, offering trucks and trailers for your across town or across country move.
- We offer a wide variety of moving and packing supplies.
- We can provide you with referrals to real estate and moving professionals.